Monday 9 November 2015

//SPRING SUMMER '15 PT. 2

6. LINEN COLLARED SHIRT


1. 2. 3.
Twenty-Seven Names is probably my favourite New Zealand label. I really enjoyed the pictures from their recent fashion week show, especially the heavy use of linen and the neutral colour palette. So here’s my take on it; a simple, linen shirt.

I want a collared shirt with full length cuffed sleeves, a sharp collar, and built from a beige/fawn/grey linen or cotton. I haven’t got a lot of linen in my wardrobe but I really enjoy wearing it. It’ll be good for summer and a less formal shirt option.



7. SILK + CONTRAST CO-ORDS


1. 2. 3.
Following on from the proclamation of love in Part 1 for twin-sets, here’s the second one I’ve planned for summer. This one’s going to be a little more ‘going out’ than the first – it’s going to be made from a beautiful black duchess silk satin with a contrast trim. The trim is a tencel from memory – it’s almost a faux reptile/scale look fabric. I want the silk to be the star of the show but feel it might need some accenting.


Pattern-wise, I’m planning on a raglan tee pattern (I have one that I drafted a few months back) and my usual culottes pattern.



8. ORGANZA INSERT SWEATER



This idea is one that’s been knocking around my head for a couple of years. It’s inspired by a Cheap Monday jumper I saw in a Melbourne boutique early last year. In a nutshell: a jumper with organza inserts in the sleeves and waist with ribbed cuffs and neckline. I have all the fabric I need for this but it’s been in planning for so long that it’s hardly top of the to-sew list. It’s one of those really drawn out projects that’ll come into fruition eventually.


9. TEXTURED BOMBER JACKET


1. 2. 3.
This is again a case of snapping up amazing fabric and matching it to a good pattern. I picked up some great textured wool/metallic fabric (here’s a pic) from the Fabric Store in one of their big sales and pretty quickly earmarked it as a bomber jacket. Of course a Rigel bomber jacket. To me the fabric was destined to be a jacket because of its weight and thickness, but it can look a little dull from a distance, so I’ve gone with a modern shape to counter this.


10. LIBERTY COTTON PAJAMAS


1. 2. 3.

Aside from shirts, shorts, and dresses, I think every summer wardrobe needs some decent sleepwear! I was completely ecstatic with my first pair of Carolyn Pajamas so I’ve planned a summer set. I picked up some Liberty lawn (this design) when I was in London and it’s intended for a lightweight piped pair. Still tossing up between white or navy piping.


11. KNOT DRESS/JUMPSUIT



While these ideas aren’t all that likely to be realised given my sewing schedule, I’d also like to work a bit more with the knot dress pattern I made last year, and make it up in another fabric (denim? Sateen? Chambray?) or turn it into a jumpsuit. I’ve pretended the dress is a jumpsuit in the mirror more than once (who else does this with their dresses??) and it looks really cool, so if I have any spare sewing time this is an option.




/OTHER CONTENDERS


I haven’t made any solid plans for it, but I suspect at some stage I’ll whizz up a sway dress or two in a chambray or denim. I’ve made this pattern up a few times in corduroy and it’s great (and perfect for summer).

Also, while I’ve been pretty successful at ignoring them, there is a small pile of ufos that needs some attention. Ahem.


//


So there you have it. My sewing plans for the hot seasons. I can't promise these will all get completed as I change my sewing list priorities often but they're currently front and centre of my sewing thoughts. I have completed one of the shirts from the Part 1 post and am currently working on the bomber jacket in this post so I am making progress!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment